Ohio Amish Country Getaway:
1. Visit the new Corn Maze at Sharp Run Farm Market on State Route 39 just west of Berlin.
2. Go pumpkin picking at Hershbergers Farm & Bakery on State Route 557 just north of Charm. While you are there you can feed goats or take a ride on Ohio's largest Belgian work horse.
3. Stop by Millers Bakery for an apple fritter or apple pie.
4. Take home some apples and cider from Hillcrest Orchard in Walnut Creek. They also sell fresh produce, Indian corn, nuts, candy, maple syrup plus jams and jellies.
5. Spend the night in Falls Kiss Cottage that offers an autumn decor with Carl Sams art work, Roman-style Jacuzzi tub, and peninsula fireplace.
6. Stop in Coblentz Chocolates in Walnut Creek for some fall themed chocolates.
7. Don't miss Walnut Creek Cheese where you can snack on some pumpkin ice cream, purchase candy corn, or shop their bulk foods for sanding sugars and fall cupcake toppings.
8. Visit Breitenbach Winery for some apple or peach wine. You can also pick up some mulling spices to make hot spiced wine.
9. Take a drive on the back roads of Holmes County where you will find the Amish harvesting their fields and experience the beautiful fall colors.
10. Stop for lunch at Mrs. Yoder's Kitchen in Mt. Hope for some homemade vegetable soup and save room for some pumpkin pie!
Written by Carol Steffey, Garden Gate Get-A-Way Bed & Breakfast, Millersburg, Ohio (330) 674-7608 www.garden-gate.com