- Victorian House Museum, Millersburg. Tour this 28-room Victorian home in Millersburg that is all decked out for the holidays. It is open from 1 - 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 1 - 8 p.m. on Friday - Sunday.
- Millersburg Candlelight Church Walk. This event will be held on December 9, 2011 from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. Learn the history of participating churches, see them decorated for Christmas, indulge in some refreshments and explore Millersburg.
- Shopping under the Stars, Berlin, Ohio. December 9th the Berlin merchants will stay open until 9 - 10 p.m. offering special discounts, refreshments, and some great Christmas gift ideas.
- J.E.Reeves Victorian House Christmas. Home to Dover's first millionaire, this historical home is decked out for the holidays and offers an interesting tour.
- Tis the Season Christmas Store. There are special events at this year-round Christmas store for the holidays. December 10th the Steinbach Nutcracker creators will be featured at Tis the Season.
- Christmas Candlightings at Historical Roscoe Village. This has become an annual holiday tradition for many families. Experience the tree lighting, caroling, decorations, chestnuts roasting on an open fire, etc.
- Childrens Christmas in Historic Millersburg. Become a kid again with crafts, cookies, & Santa. Merchants will be open later with special sales and refreshments.
- Cut Down Your Own Christmas Tree. Pine Tree Barn in Shreve, Ohio, has a gift shop, restaurant, and tree farm. Hop on a horse-drawn wagon and head out in the field to cut down your own tree. Visit the gift shop for Old World Christmas ornaments and other holiday decor.
When you come to these holiday activities be sure to check out the shops for Christmas chocolates at Coblentz Chocolate Company, gift baskets at our cheese factories, holiday baked goods at our bakeries, and a bottle of wine from one of the area wineries or wine tasting showrooms.
Written by Carol Steffey, Garden Gate Get-A-Way Bed & Breakfast, Millersburg, Ohio (330) 674-7608 www.garden-gate.com