If you want to make a special Christmas morning breakfast, and save yourself some time in the process, try this Christmas Bread that can be baked in a bread machine. This will give more time to focus on the main course and other dishes.
- 1-1/4 cups warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup candied fruit
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In bread machine pan, place the first 7 ingredients. Select sweet bread setting and bake according to bread machine directions.
- Just before the final kneading, add the raisins, candied fruit, and lemon peel.
- In a separate bowl, combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cooled bread. Yield: One 2-pound loaf
Taken from Bed and Breakfast recipes. Written by Carol Steffey, Garden Gate Get-A-Way Bed & Breakfast, Millersburg, Ohio (330) 674-7608 www.garden-gate.com