- Guggisberg Cheese: Baby Swiss. This cheese is so smooth and that it will melt in your mouth. It is great to snack of with a glass of your favorite wine or to enhance the flavor of a sandwich.
- Walnut Creek Cheese: Smoked Swiss Cheese. If you don't like sharp or strong cheese but you want something with a full body flavor this is your cheese. My favorite way to eat it is on crackers but it is also very good in an omelette.
- Pearl Valley Cheese: Emmentaler. This cheese has a bold, nutty flavor and is part of the Swiss cheese family. We love to use this in our breakfast dishes at the bed and breakfast to add some extra flavor.
- Broad Run Cheese: Smokey Sharp Cheddar. Words like smokey and sharp may suggest a very strong cheese, but it is just right. It puts a burst of flavor in your mouth and is great by itself or on crackers.
- Heini's Bunker Hill Cheese: Vegetable Cream Cheese Spread. You can sample about 50 kinds of cheese at this cheese factory and they are all good. This unique spread is full of flavors! For a quick appetizer, spread it on a slice of ham or turkey and roll it up. Slice it like pinwheels and enjoy.
There are so many flavors to choose from with Ohio Cheese that you could try a different one every week and still barely tap the surface. When you visit Holmes County, and the surrounding area, if you should find a cheese factory that doesn't have samples sitting out just ask for a sample. They are happy to oblige.
Written by Carol Steffey, Garden Gate Get-A-Way Bed & Breakfast, Millersburg, Ohio (330) 674-7608 www.garden-gate.com