- Hanky Panky. A sweet catawba wine from Maize Valley Winery
- Foreplay. A fruity wine made with different berries from Al-Bi Winery
- Pirates Pour. A berry flavored Chambourcin from Winery at Versailles
- Big Red Pecker. Dry Merlot from Maize Valley Winery
- White Lies. Sweet wine from Winery at Wolf Creek
- Wine Dog Red. Red currant and pomegranite sweet red from Winery at Perennial Vineyards
- Mad Cow. Intense grape flavors from Maize Valley Winery
- Space Cowboy. Fruity peach wine from Winery at Wolf Creek
- Old Dusty Miller. Semi-sweet wine from Breitenbach Winery
- Red Neck Red. Sweet red wine from Maize Valley Winery.
There are fun flavors in Ohio wines today. At Al-Bi Winery you can sample American Red Watermelon Wine. The Winery at Wolf Creek has Pinot Colada which tastes very much like a Pina Colada cocktail. If you like the flavor of apples be sure to check out Original Sin from Winery at Wolf Creek. If you want to avoid traveling to several wineries to try all of these wines you can visit a wine tasting showroom. Gateway Place on US 62 in Wilmot lets you sample 40 or more kinds of these wines. If you are in the Sugarceek, Ohio area stop in Heinis Gourmet Market to sample many of these wines. Stop in on a Saturday afternoon and find musical entertainment to enjoy with your wine. If you want to have a designated driver to sample Ohio wines then check out the wine tours offered by Garden Gate Get-A-Way Bed & Breakfast in Millersburg, Ohio.
Written by Carol Steffey, Garden Gate Get-A-Way Bed & Breakfast, Millersburg, Ohio (330) 674-7608 www.garden-gate.com