- Amish believe that the Bible is God's Word
- They see Church as the body of Christ fulfilling God's purposes on earth
- Their faith is practiced DAILY and not through creeds and buildings but by actions and lifestyle of helping others
- When there is a conflict of Church and State they always choose God first
- Worship is about the hearts of people and the people gathered, not symbols such as crosses, robes, stained glass, candles, etc.
|Holmes County, Ohio; Amish walking to Church|
There is something to be learned from the Amish. Many people that call themselves Christians or religious say that because they go to a worship service every Sunday morning and that is the only way that they express their religion or Christian beliefs. The Amish will call on a sick neighbor, do their chores, bake them food, help their children and more. If they see a tourist car broke down on the side of the road they will stop to see what they can do to help. If they read about a need in the newspaper they will donate time and money to the cause. They live the way that most religions preach that people should live even though most of the congregation members in those religions do not live what they are taught.
Written by Carol Steffey, Garden Gate Get-A-Way Bed & Breakfast, Millersburg, Ohio (330) 674-7608 www.garden-gate.com