- Warther Museum, Dover. Hard to explain...you just have to see it; You won't be disappointed.
- Wendell August Forge, Berlin. Some of the most unique gifts and household items that you will find on a vacation.
- Behalt, Berlin. Located inside the Amish & Mennonite Information Center, this mural/tour will teach you all about the history of the Amish and Mennonite people.
- Rolling Ridge Ranch, Berlin. This is the original exotic animal ranch where you board a horse-drawn wagon and get to feed the animals and see them up close.
- Millers Bakery, Charm area. This is an authentic, Amish bakery with some of the tastiest delights you will ever experience.
- Heini's Cheese, Berlin. If you want to see and learn how cheese is made this is the place. They also have about 50 samples of different cheese sitting out for you to try.
- Coblentz Chocolate Company, Walnut Creek. Watch chocolates being made on the weekdays. Every kind of cream, caramel, truffle, etc., that you can imagine is all under 1 roof.
- Yoder's Amish Home & Farm, Walnut Creek area. Tour 2 homes, a school, and take a buggy ride of this formerly, Amish farm. This is a great place for the whole family to learn how the Amish live, work, and educate themselves. This is a seasonal business so check to see if they are open before going there.
- Swartzentruber Quilts, Berlin area. What's a trip to Amish Country without checking out homemade quilts. Step inside an Old Order Amish home while you shop from these Amish sisters.
- Lehmans. Take a step back in time at this store that was founded to serve the Amish and those living with no electricity. Today they are so much more: stove and refrigerator reproductions, fireplaces, books, kitchen gadgets, yard supplies, camping supplies, oil lanterns, candy, and more.
Our list of things to see does not end with these 10 businesses. We have several pages of places to share with guests when they check-in our B&B.
Written by Carol Steffey, Garden Gate Get-A-Way Bed & Breakfast, Millersburg, Ohio (330) 674-7608 www.garden-gate.com